Tej Patta,Bay Leaf ,Tez Patta Spice Plant with Pot
- Free Shipping
- Same Day Delivery
Bay leaf (Tej patta) also known as sweet laurel leaf is a dried leaf or ever green shrub which is commonly used in cooking.
Plant Height: Upto 2.5 ft
Check Availability AT.
Bay leaf (Tej patta) also known as sweet laurel leaf is a dried leaf or ever green shrub that belongs the family of “Lauraceae” and whose botanical “Laurus nobilis L”. Bay leaf is indigenous to Asia and reflects the shape of elliptical and the size of bay leaves vary from 2.5 to 8 cm in length and 1.5 to 2.5 cm in breadth. In India, bay leaves are popularly known as “Tej patta” in Hindi and mainly used as culinary herb. It works as a flavouring agent especially in “biryani” , soups, meat, stews and sauces. It is also being used in confectionaries. Apart from the culinary use, the oil extracted from the bay leaves are used for many medicinal purposes. Bay leaves contain about 1.5% to 2.5% of essential oil.
Product Delivery Information
- The image displayed is indicative in nature.
- Actual product may vary in shape or design as per the availability.
- The number of leaves and the size of the plant depends on seasonal availability.
- Since flowers are seasonal in nature, flowering plants may be delivered without the bloom. Flowers, if present in plant, may be in fully bloomed, semi-bloomed or bud stage.
- Delivery will be attempted on the same day, but there may be a delay of 3-5 hours depending on the traffic and the weather.
- Our courier partners do not call prior to delivering an order, so we recommend that you provide an address at which someone will be present to receive the package.
- The delivery, once dispatched, cannot be redirected to any other address.
Medicinal Uses of Bay leaf:
- Bay leaves may help in healing wounds.
- Bay leaves may help in controlling blood sugar levels in type-2 diabetes.
- Bay leaves may help in preventing kidney stones.
- Bay leaves and its barriers have plenty of medicinal uses. It has great appetite stimulant properties, astringent and diuretic.
- The oil extracted from the bay leaves (Essential oil) contain mostly cineol.
- Bay leaves contain the lauric acid which has insect repellent properties.
Bay Leaves Plant’s Care Instructions:
Sunlight: Bay leaves trees require full sunlight and needs to be protected from cold winds and frost when they are young. They grow well in warm and moist climates like of Mediterranean region.
Soil: Bay leaf grows well in fertile well-drained soils with good organic matter.
Fertilizer: Supplement the soil with well rotten farm yard manure for enhancing the soil richness. In organic fertilizers like nitrogen, potash also applied for any soil nutrient deficiency.
Water: Water Bay leaf plant regularly after checking the soil according to the requirement. Enough watering may harm the plant.
|Dimensions||35 × 16 × 40 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.