Litchi Tree (Grafted), Lychee Fruit Plant – With Pot
- Free Shipping
- Same Day Delivery
Enjoy the delicious and attractive red colored litchi fruits easily by growing at your home. Litchi is a subtropical evergreen fruit in Sapindaceae family. Evergreen leaves are long pinnate alternate, elliptic-oblong to lanceolate with abruptly pointed, leaflets. The bark is grey in color and branches are brownish red.
Common Name: Litchi, Lychee, Litchi chinensis.
Note: Pots will be provided as per the requirement of the plant.
Check Availability AT.
Lychee fruit plants, scientifically known as Litchi chinensis, are tropical evergreen trees native to China and are now grown in various parts of the world with suitable climatic conditions. Here’s some information about lychee fruit plants:
- Appearance: Lychee trees are medium to large-sized, reaching heights of 30 to 40 feet (9 to 12 meters) when fully grown. They have a dense canopy of glossy, leathery leaves that are dark green in color.
- Fruit: The lychee fruit is small to medium-sized and is roughly spherical or heart-shaped. It has a rough, bumpy, and reddish-pink skin that is easily peeled away to reveal translucent, juicy flesh. The flesh is white or pale pink, sweet, and fragrant. Each fruit contains a single large seed.
- Growing Conditions: Lychee trees thrive in warm, subtropical to tropical climates. They require a frost-free period and temperatures between 68°F to 86°F (20°C to 30°C) for optimal growth. Well-drained soil with a slightly acidic to neutral pH is preferred.
- Propagation: Lychee plants are usually propagated through seeds or air layering. However, it’s worth noting that seed-grown trees may not necessarily produce fruit of the same quality as the parent tree. Therefore, grafting or budding is commonly used to propagate superior cultivars.
- Cultivation: Lychee trees need a sunny location to thrive. They require regular watering, especially during dry periods, but excessive moisture should be avoided. Mulching around the tree helps to conserve soil moisture. Young plants may need protection from strong winds.
- Pollination: Lychee trees are generally self-pollinating, meaning they can set fruit with their own pollen. However, cross-pollination can improve fruit set and yield. Bees and other pollinators play a crucial role in facilitating pollination.
- Harvesting: Lychee fruit is typically harvested when fully mature, which is indicated by a change in color from green to red or pink. The fruit is highly perishable and should be handled with care to avoid bruising. It is best consumed or processed shortly after harvest.
- Health Benefits: Lychee fruit is not only delicious but also nutritious. It is a good source of vitamin C, dietary fiber, and antioxidants. The fruit is believed to have various health benefits, including boosting the immune system, aiding digestion, and promoting healthy skin.
Product Delivery Informations:
- The image displayed is indicative in nature.
- Actual product may vary in shape or design as per the availability.
- The number of leaves and the size of the plant depends on seasonal availability.
- Since flowers are seasonal in nature, flowering plants may be delivered without the bloom. Flowers, if present in plant, may be in fully bloomed, semi-bloomed or bud stage.
- Pots will be provided as per the requirement of the plant.
- Delivery will be attempted on the same day, but there may be a delay of 3-5 hours depending on the traffic and the weather.
- Our courier partners do not call prior to delivering an order, so we recommend that you provide an address at which someone will be present to receive the package.
- The delivery, once dispatched, cannot be redirected to any other address.
Lychee Fruit Plant’s Care Instructions:
Caring for lychee fruit plants involves providing them with the right growing conditions and regular maintenance. Here are some care tips for lychee fruit plants:
- Sunlight: Lychee trees require full sun to thrive. Ensure that they are planted in a location that receives at least 6 to 8 hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Soil: Lychee plants prefer well-drained soil with a slightly acidic to neutral pH ranging from 5.5 to 7.5. If the soil is heavy or clayey, consider amending it with organic matter to improve drainage.
- Watering: Lychee trees require regular watering, especially during dry periods. Provide deep waterings to ensure that the soil is evenly moist, but avoid overwatering, as it can lead to root rot. Mulching around the tree helps retain soil moisture.
- Fertilization: Fertilize lychee trees regularly to promote healthy growth and fruit production. Use a balanced fertilizer with a ratio such as 8-8-8 or 10-10-10. Apply the fertilizer three to four times a year, dividing the total amount into multiple applications.
- Pruning: Prune lychee trees to maintain their shape, remove dead or diseased branches, and improve air circulation within the canopy. Pruning is typically done during the dormant season. Avoid excessive pruning, as it can reduce fruit production.
- Mulching: Apply a layer of organic mulch, such as wood chips or compost, around the base of the tree. Mulching helps conserve soil moisture, suppresses weed growth, and provides nutrients as it breaks down.
- Protection from Frost: Lychee trees are sensitive to frost. If you live in an area prone to frost or cold temperatures, protect young trees by covering them with blankets or using frost protection devices. Consider planting them in sheltered locations or using windbreaks to reduce cold winds.
- Pest and Disease Control: Keep an eye out for common pests such as aphids, scale insects, and mites. If necessary, treat with appropriate organic or chemical insecticides. Diseases like root rot and powdery mildew can occur, so ensure good drainage and proper air circulation to minimize these issues.
- Harvesting: Harvest lychee fruit when they are fully mature and have developed their characteristic color. Gently twist or cut the fruit from the stem. Handle the fruit carefully to avoid bruising.
|Dimensions||40 × 30 × 40 cm|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.